When looking for a bladder infection remedy, most people turn to conventional medicine, but natural cures for bladder infections can work just as well.
Infections can affect all parts of the urinary tract, which include the bladder, kidneys, and the tubes which carry the urine from the kidneys to the bladder and then out of the body.
Bladder infections can spread to the other parts of the urinary system if left untreated.
Symptoms can include a burning sensation and discolored urine.
Possible bladder infection cures include:
- Cranberries and cranberry juice are popular remedies for bladder infections. It is thought that the active ingredients in cranberries prevent the bacteria from taking hold, allowing the urine to flush it out of the body. Blueberry juice has a similar effect.
- Increased water intake is essential to help flush out bacteria.
- A natural bladder infection remedy is uva ursi. It has an active ingredient that works its way through the urinary tract and has an antiseptic effect. Uva ursi is not suitable for those who have liver or kidney problems, or for pregnant or nursing women.
- Echinacea is essential for boosting the immune system to help fight off illness and infection. Combined with goldenseal it can be a powerful bladder infection remedy. Goldenseal should not be used by women who are pregnant or nursing.
- A tincture blend of echinacea and uva ursi can be a good natural cure for bladder infection and other infections associated with the urinary tract.
- Dandelion herb is a natural diuretic and can help to keep the urinary system clear by helping to flush the toxins through it.
- Goldenrod herb is one of many natural bladder infection cures. It is also a diuretic and has antiseptic properties which can prevent infections taking hold.
- Another diuretic is lovage, which is very similar to celery.
- A cold marsh mallow tea can be taken regularly to ease the burning associated with bladder infections. Buchu is another herb which can ease the burning.
- Stinging nettle also has diuretic properties and is good for cleansing the kidneys which will help to reduce the possibility of urinary tract infections.
- Mullein can be taken to reduce any inflammation in the urinary tract.
- Ginger root is very cleansing and can be used as part of herbal treatment to flush toxins out of the body.
- Adding garlic to food or taking a garlic supplement can help to boost immune function and can be used as a natural bladder infection remedy.
- Birch is another natural diuretic which can also help to relieve pain in the bladder.
It is important to seek medical advice if you think you have an infection in the urinary tract before you try a bladder infection cure.
A doctor will be able to determine if in fact you have an infection and if the infection has spread. Anyone who has suffered a reaction to an herbal remedy should not begin any of the natural cures for bladder infections without first consulting a doctor.
A qualified herbalist will also be able to offer advice on an herbal cure for bladder infection or combinations of herbs that can potentially help the user.
SEARCH THIS SITE