Ginseng tea benefits are numerous, and the tea is also delicious to drink. The fleshy root of the ginseng plant is used to make the tea.
Ginseng is a popular ingredient in Chinese medicines and has been in use for 5000 years. The Chinese believe it to have many healing properties. Ginseng is available fresh, powdered and in tea bag form.
Health Benefits of Ginseng Tea
- Ginseng is believed to have properties that promote alertness and reduce fatigue; as such it is used in products like energy drinks and tonics. Drinking ginseng tea in the morning can help a person start the day feeling refreshed and wide awake.
- Drinking ginseng tea can aid good digestion. Ginseng is believed to help stave off diarrhea and is known to reduce the symptoms of Crohn’s Disease.
- Sufferers of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) may find that regular consumption of ginseng tea to be beneficial in easing their symptoms. Ginseng tea is also thought to decrease or even cure stomach ulcers.
- Ginseng tea benefits also include the boosting of the libido, and it is also used in Chinese medicines as an aphrodisiac. Drinking ginseng tea can help to decrease the effects of male impotence as it contains photochemical properties that promote good sexual health.
- For those who have been ill drinking ginseng tea can help to encourage appetite build up and is considered an excellent tonic for an all round immune system boost. It is believed to be a good aid for easing headaches and also counts towards the daily fluid intake, thus reducing risk of dehydration. It contains certain anti inflammatory properties that can ease the symptoms felt by people with arthritis.
- Another of the ginseng tea benefits includes the reduction of cholesterol levels. With regular consumption, ginseng tea can have a positive effect on the body’s circulatory system, and it can also counter the symptoms experienced by diabetes patients.
- Older persons or those who may be less mobile would possibly benefit from drinking ginseng tea daily.
- Ginseng tea helps to promote a healthy respiratory system. By clearing airways and having a positive effect on the lungs it is of great benefit to asthma sufferers. It would also be of benefit to those who are temporarily suffering from respiratory ailments such as a common cold, cough, chest infection, or even bronchitis or pneumonia.
- As a stress reliever ginseng tea can help to relax the mind and body, promoting clarity and clear thinking and helping to lift the mood.
- Due to the fact ginseng contains so many health giving properties, it is thought it can actually reduce the risk of some cancers. Drinking ginseng tea can even assist cancer patients as it has active ingredients that help to reduce the production and spread of cancer cells.
Precautions of Ginseng Tea
Although generally thought of as safe, if wishing to use ginseng tea solely for medicinal purposes it is recommended to seek the advice of a health professional prior to commencement especially if currently taking medications for any ailments.
If prone to allergies or experiencing any side effects while using ginseng tea, consult a doctor immediately.