Many people now prefer to use eczema natural remedies in order to avoid the side effects of prescription medications.
This skin disorder can cause a great deal of discomfort, and sufferers experience symptoms such as very dry skin, scaly skin, itchy rash, and even blisters in severe cases. It has a number of causes including stress and an allergic reaction to chemicals.
Herbal Remedies For Eczema
- Grape seed extract is a powerful natural antioxidant and can help the body to get rid of waste products. It is thought that the antihistamine and anti-inflammatory properties of the extract that help prevent allergies can also prove useful against eczema. For the best results, it is recommended to use 100 mg up to three times each day and to take it at regular intervals.
- Milk thistle can cleanse the liver and help to remove toxins from the system that may aggravate the condition.
- Peppermint oil can help with the itching caused by eczema. By adding peppermint oil to bathwater or massaging diluted oil into the skin, the irritation can be soothed.
- Another of the effective eczema natural remedies is aloe vera. Applying the pure gel from the plant to the affected area can soothe and reduce the inflammation and help heal the skin.
- An eczema cream made from herbal extracts such as witch hazel, chamomile, or lavender can reduce the irritation and inflammation of the skin. A number of studies on the effectiveness of such skin creams on this condition have been carried out and show that they can have a positive effect. Calendula cream is very soothing and can reduce inflammation.
Find out about Skin Dr. for relieving and healing eczema naturally..
- Evening primrose oil and borage oil are two more natural remedies for eczema. Being high in gamma-linolenic acids, these herbs have a balancing effect on the skin and can help with inflammation.
- A number of herbs are effective as natural eczema remedies and can be used to fight the symptoms of eczema. These include dandelion, yellow dock, and kelp. Those who find that their condition is triggered by their environment can benefit from detoxifying herbal teas such as green tea or licorice tea.
- An improved diet should also be considered when suffering from eczema. Probiotics can help to boost the immune system and remove toxins from the body. Adding vitamin supplements to the diet along with a zinc supplement can promote healthy skin. Some may find that certain food products in their diet such as dairy products or wheat trigger an outbreak, so cutting these out may bring improvement.
- Tea tree oil has excellent antiseptic and anti-fungal healing properties. Applied to the skin directly, it has a tingling effect and can bring results in just a few days.
- Some eczema natural remedies can be applied topically, such as goldenrod and chamomile. Marshmallow root is a very effective skin protectant the skin and helps to prevent infection of the inflamed areas.
Shea Butter Eczema Cream
Many have noted incredible results with shea butter for relief and healing of their eczema. It is best to use organic and unrefined in order to ensure that the healing properties remain at a high level.
Shea butter has been known to be as effective as steroids without the side effects and at a much lower cost. Shea butter easily penetrates the skin, working more quickly to resolve your skin problem. Shea butter is not recommended if one has a nut allergy.
Emu Oil For Eczema
Some people have claimed fabulous results by using emu oil for eczema relief. The oil is obtained from the fat of the emu and is quickly penetrated into the skin when applied. It has a wonderfully healing and moisturizing effect on the skin, soothing and bringing dramatic results in a few short days.
Eczema Natural Remedies Precautions
Those whose eczema is triggered by an allergic reaction should consult a doctor before trying a natural remedy to ensure it will not aggravate the condition.
It’s wise to test a small area of the affected skin before dosing the entire area in order to see if there will be an allergic reaction to the remedy.
Click Here for more information on Skin Dr. for Psoriasis, Eczema, Cradle Cap, Dandruff, Herpes and Allergic Rashes..
HERBAL ENCYCLOPEDIA OF REMEDIES