PMS supplements are a godsend for those of us (and our loved ones) who have suffered through this grievious condition. If you want to prevent PMS or find an herbal PMS remedy, I can help. I’ve been there, and I know how debilitating this condition can be.
What Does PMS mean?
PMS stands for premenstrual syndrome. For those women who suffer with it, this condition comes before the beginning of a woman’s menstrual period each month, usually about a week to 10 days before the start of her menstrual bleeding.
What are some signs of PMS?
Some of the signs of PMS include mood swings (ranging from mild to severe), fatigue, breast soreness or tenderness, abdominal bloating, irritability, headaches, depression, anxiety, angry outbursts, tearfulness, and acne.
If you’re like me, you’re looking for a PMS cure or PMS remedy to resolve your symptoms once and for all. I can tell you that I have greatly improved my premenstrual syndrome by taking certain herbs to help balance my hormone levels.
A woman’s menstrual cycle sends her body into a constantly changing motion with hormones pumping at different levels through her system throughout the month to make her fertile and prepare her body for a possible pregnancy. Even a slight imbalance can send her emotions on a roller coaster ride. Hence, PMS can develop with all its nasty symptoms.
An effective premenstrual syndrome treatment can be found in good quality PMS supplements containing certain herbs that help to balance a woman’s ever-changing hormonal system and help prevent PMS.
Herbs for PMS include:
- Evening primrose (EPO) – An excellent herbal PMS remedy, evening primrose contains GLA (gamma linolenic acid), an essential fatty acid that supports well being during the menstrual cycle. EPO is also a good source of tryptophan, which the body converts to serotonin, a natural mood enhancer and antidepressant.
- Borage – Another excellent source of GLA.
- Chasteberry (also chaste tree berry or vitex agnus-castus) – Helps support normal hormonal balance. A natural anti-inflammatory. Relieves breast tenderness.
- Dong Quai – Maintains estrogen and progesterone balance. Helps with premenstrual depression.
- Cramp bark – This herbal remedy helps to relieve uterine cramps, relax muscle tension and spasms, improve digestion, and calm anxiety.
- Dandelion – An herb full of nutrients, including vitamin A, potassium, and iron, dandelion root or leaf tea helps to relieve many premenstrual complaints such as bloating, water retention, swollen breasts, muscle spasms, acne, anemia, and inflammation.
- Sweet Fennel – Supports water balance and acts as a liver tonic. Supports regular, healthy menstrual periods.
- Pasque Flower – General support for the female reproductive system.
- Lemon Balm – Supports a stable, balanced mood and feelings of well being and calm.
Femalite by Native Remedies contains sweet fennel, pasque flower, and lemon balm to effectively relieve PMS symptoms, menstrual cramps, and maintain a stable mood. You can read more about Femalite and purchase it here.