Red clover tea comes from a perennial plant with pinkish-purple flowers. It is wild growing and has a number of many health benefits. The tea is made from the leaf of the red clover plant. It is recommended to drink the tea up to three times a day.
Benefits of Red Clover Herbal Tea
Internally, the red clover herb helps to aid digestive issues and can ease the symptoms of ailments such as Crohn’s disease and diverticulitis.
It is also a very good remedy for suffers of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and most gastrointestinal disorders.
Red clover tea is thought to have anti inflammatory properties and has been shown to reduce arterial plaque buildup, and so helps to reduce heart disease and lower cholesterol.
- Red clover herbal tea is also thought be a very good blood cleanser and, as such, would be beneficial to sufferers of hepatitis.
- The tea can also help with cell regeneration, but medical advice should be sought before using the herb for this.
- The red clover herb contains properties similar to the female hormone estrogen, so it helps to regulate hormonal imbalances and is thought to be highly beneficial to women who suffer from pre-menstrual syndrome (PMS) or for menopausal women.
- Symptoms such as night sweats and hot flashes could be alleviated, aiding a more restful sleep. Also, women who suffer from endometriosis may find regular consumption of the red clover tea beneficial, as it is believed to alleviate the symptoms and help ease the pain.
- Red clover leaf has good detoxifying properties. Not only is it a diuretic, which helps to ease water retention, it can also help clear up skin eruptions such as acne.
- As a detoxifier, this herbal tea can help people who are trying to break an addiction, as it eases cravings and clears the system quicker.
- The tea can be drunk or used as a skin wash for people suffering from eczema and psoriasis in place of their usual hydrocortisone creams.
- Red clover tea has been used to ease the symptoms of chronic fatigue syndrome, which aids clearer thinking and is believed to be beneficial to the elderly to reduce the risk or effects of ailments such as senile dementia.
- It can also reduce some stress related symptoms such as headaches, including migraine headaches.
- Red clover herb has a positive effect on bone density, so can help sufferers of osteoporosis and possibly those with brittle bone disease.
- Due to the herb’s inflammatory properties, drinking red clover herbal tea can also help those who suffer with joint pain from ailments such as arthritis and rheumatism.
- People suffering from fibromyalgia often have symptoms like joint pain or stiffness, restless sleep, intestinal issues and poor mental function. It is thought that red clover tea can help improve all of these symptoms and as such would beneficial for those affected by this.
Side Effects of Red Clover
Although there are no known side effects, it is always recommended to seek advice from a medical professional before commencement of this or any other herbal supplement, particularly if taking any other herbal or pharmaceutical grade medications. Those who have a history of heart disease or stroke should seek medical advice first.
Visit Mountain Rose Herbs for the freshest organic herbs, teas, spices, and essential oils.