Herbal warts remedies are not well known, most suffers take the option of visiting the doctor to have the wart removed via freezing, but there is another way. Natural wart removal can be done in various ways.
Remedies For Warts
- A paste or tincture made from bloodroot applied directly onto the affected area can help the removal of the wart due to its fungicidal properties.
- Another anti-fungal treatment for wart is tea tree oil. A regular application of the undiluted oil onto the wart for the duration of a week or so should help in the removal of the wart completely.
- Calendula is a popular remedy for healing the skin and is recommended by practitioners for use on herpes, making it an ideal for getting rid of warts. Calendula has antimicrobial properties and is used in many skincare lotions and creams.
- Castor oil rubbed on the wart using a cotton pad soaked in the solution is a well know remedy for natural wart removal. The castor oil can even be left on overnight, with a bandage covering the affected area. This may take about two weeks, but it is very effective in getting rid of warts.
- Possibly thought of as an old wives’ tale, raw potato is another natural wart removal remedy. Just rubbing raw potato onto the affected area several times a day for a few weeks will help to make the wart easier to remove.
- Crushed garlic is another one of many warts remedies, although care is needed with sensitive skin. Crush garlic and place on the affected area, cover with a bandage or a piece of gauze fastened to the skin with medical tape and leave overnight. Repeat this process for a whole week, and signs of the wart should be diminishing. After about two weeks the wart should be almost completely gone.
- Echinacea is believed to be one of the most effective warts remedies and was even used by Native Indians for this very purpose. Echinacea is a well known immune booster and very effective in treating mild skin infections. It is available in tablet form, making intake very easy.
- Aloe gel has much publicized skin healing properties, and so, unsurprisingly, it is a favorite of the herbal remedies for warts. Aloe has anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory properties and as such is used in many skin care products. All that is needed is a small amount of gel onto the affected area frequently throughout the day for about a week. A vast improvement will be noticed as the wart starts to disappear.
- Arguably one of the best remedies for warts is apple cider vinegar. Simply dip a small piece of cotton into the vinegar, place the soaked piece over the wart and cover with a bandage. Leave overnight and repeat for about 1 week. After just a couple of days the wart will be noticeably darker as it reacts with the vinegar. The wart should have completely disappeared after only 1-2 weeks.
It is recommended to seek medical advice before commencement with any of these wart remedies, particularly if taking prescription medications for other ailments. Persons prone to allergies or who have sensitive skin should proceed with caution, and if any side effects occur consult a doctor immediately.